Teaching Child Development to Extend Breastfeeding Duration (Prenatal – 12 Months)
Misunderstanding or misinterpreting a baby’s normal behavior cause many women to add formula, prematurely begin solids or abandon breastfeeding. This online course
- Helps professionals understand WHY and WHEN babies have predictable changes in their eating, sleeping or general behavior which often confuse mothers
- Provides strategies and resources to help parents anticipate and problem-solve around these changes.
- Utilizes convenient “Come and Go” format for busy professionals
- Offers multicultural videos, memorable graphics and instructive case studies
- Enables you to help mothers to meet their breastfeeding goals!
Behaviors commonly misunderstood or misinterpreted as a breastfeeding problem include:
- Avoiding mother’s gaze as a newborn
- Increased crying at 2 weeks
- “Restless” sleep at one month
- Distractibility while breastfeeding at 4 months
- Fretful teething at 6 months
- Frequent awakenings at 9 months when stranger anxiety sets in
- And, waking up multiple times at night when the 12-month-old begins to walk
Approved for 2 CERP credits.by IBCLE.
2 Contact Hours credit by: CAPPA, ICEA and DONA. This continuing was also approved by the NC Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This is an accredited activity and does not imply endorsement by the NCNA.
CLICK HERE to create “New Account” and purchase course.
HUG Your Baby’s Online trainings offer today’s learners a number of benefits:
- Six months to complete courses;
- “Come and Go” format to fit into a professional’s busy schedule;
- Chance to view video clips of parents and babies “in action!”;
- Opportunity to review coursework as needed;
- Costly travel and convention fees eliminated;
- Economical continuing education (Contact Hour and CERP) credit;
- Computer, tablet, and mobile phone functionality.