Here’s a trick for freeing up a block milk duct:
How to lose weight while breastfeeding:
- The average mother burns 500 calories a day breastfeeding. Eat REAL FOOD (not chips and cookies) and you’ll your pregnancy weight.
- For the calorie counter: Multiply you current weight x 15 and add 500. (135 pounds x 15 – 20,025 + 500 calories. If you are moderately active you may lose one pound every 2-3 weeks.
Getting out and about:
- Most mothers will eventually want to pump and bottle feeding even if only occasionally.
Identifying Active/Light and Still/deep Sleep will help you sleep better and meet your breastfeeding goals.
Babies exhibit both “Active/Light” and “Still/Deep” Sleep
- A/L Sleep: wiggles, eyes open, makes sounds
- S/D Sleep: No eye movement, few sounds, completely still
- Breastfeeding during A/L Sleep can damage nipples, over supply and frustrate mothers
The “HatchingBaby”: She’s ‘Looking Out’ at the world!
Ming has so enjoyed the last few weeks at home with baby Bik. It had taken several weeks to establish breastfeeding, to figure out Bik’s schedule, and to get accustomed to the demands of being a new mom! She is proud of what she has accomplished and “over-the-top” happy with how Bik is doing. Ming worries less and laughs more. Life is more predictable now.
The Science: What’s a three-month-old learning?
While the two-month-old may have been considered the “Settled-In” baby, the three-month-old might be seen as the “Looking Out” baby. She is a keen observer and a great explorer of the world.
WATCH THIS VIDEO to see the remarkable growth in a three-month-old’s cognitive, motor, and speech development.
“Ah-Ha” Moment: How The HUG’s information helps this mother…
Ming enjoys reading and learning about a baby’s normal growth and development. She finds that knowing a bit more about a baby’s upcoming development makes a mom’s days even more fun. Ming notices that Bik started to open and relax her hand. So Ming watches for that fleeting grasp of a toy, the beginning of true, fine motor abilities.
© HUG Your Baby 2018