Here’s a trick for freeing up a block milk duct:
How to lose weight while breastfeeding:
- The average mother burns 500 calories a day breastfeeding. Eat REAL FOOD (not chips and cookies) and you’ll your pregnancy weight.
- For the calorie counter: Multiply you current weight x 15 and add 500. (135 pounds x 15 – 20,025 + 500 calories. If you are moderately active you may lose one pound every 2-3 weeks.
Identifying Active/Light and Still/deep Sleep will help you sleep better and meet your breastfeeding goals.
- Active/Light Sleep: Baby wiggles, eyes open, makes sounds
- Still/Deep Sleep: Baby has no eye movement, makes few sounds and is usually completely still
- As newborns, babies seem programed to wake up at each Active Sleep cycle to breastfeed. However, once your breastfeeding is well established, many babies can return to Still/Deep Sleep if mothers will let them!
- Click HERE to see what Active/Light and Still/Deep Sleep look like.
Getting out and about:
- Most mothers will eventually want to pump and bottle feeding even if only occasionally.
- HUG Newsletter Breastfeeding Week Five & Six
- HUG Newsletter: Delaying solids- FINISH