Here’s a trick for freeing up a block milk duct:
How to lose weight while breastfeeding:
- The average mother burns 500 calories a day breastfeeding. Eat REAL FOOD (not chips and cookies) and you’ll your pregnancy weight.
- For the calorie counter: Multiply you current weight x 15 and add 500. (135 pounds x 15 – 20,025 + 500 calories. If you are moderately active you may lose one pound every 2-3 weeks.
Getting out and about:
- Most mothers will eventually want to pump and bottle feeding even if only occasionally.
Identifying Active/Light and Still/deep Sleep will help you sleep better and meet your breastfeeding goals.
Babies exhibit both “Active/Light” and “Still/Deep” Sleep
- A/L Sleep: wiggles, eyes open, makes sounds
- S/D Sleep: No eye movement, few sounds, completely still
- Breastfeeding during A/L Sleep can damage nipples, over supply and frustrate mothers