Click below to see a two-minute description of this program.
Benefits of becoming a Certified HUG Teacher:
- Boost your knowledge, confidence and skills with young families
- Increase your recognition as an expert in the birth and early parenting world
- Gain specific tools to enhance individual and group parent education
- Earn 6 Contact Hours credit (approved by NC Nurses Assn, CAPPA, DONA and ICEA)
Components of online program:
- Video course instructions and course outline
- Required Reading:
- Three professional articles
- Three HUG Your Baby blogs
- HUG Resources for Parents update ( individual and classroom)
- HUG Parent Visits documentation form
- (Optional) HUG Parent Class documentation form
- HUG Reflections documentation of your experience using HUG Your Baby
- Post-test and Course Evaluation
Pre-requisites for becoming a Certified HUG Teacher:
- Be a certified, licensed or credentialed healthcare provider (such as nurse, midwife, OT, PT, doctor); birth or parenting professional (such as doula, nanny, parent educator, childbirth educator, infant massage educator, lactation consultant, lactation peer counselor); childcare or early childhood professional (such as teacher or assistant teacher)
- Complete HUG Your Baby courses:
- HUG video (in DVD or Streaming format) and HUG Handouts (Order HUG Handout Starter Kit if you do not already have the handouts.)
- Document either:
- FOUR Parent Visits
- Or Two Parent Visits plus One HUG Class
- Make 70% on Post-test
- Complete Course Evaluation
HUG Your Baby’s Online trainings offer today’s learners a number of benefits:
- Six months to complete courses;
- Convenient “Come and Go” format to fit into a professional’s busy schedule;
- Elimination of costly travel and convention fees;
- Computer, tablet, and mobile phone functionality.
Click Here to review bio and CV of creator of HUG Your Baby courses.
Approved for 6 Contact Hours credit (from NC Nurses Association, ICEA, DONA, and CAPPA) until 3/1/2018.