Click below to see a two-minute description of this program.
Benefits of becoming a Certified HUG Teacher (CHT):
- Boost your knowledge, confidence and skills with young families
- Increase your recognition as an expert in the birth and early parenting world
- Gain specific tools to enhance individual and group parent education
- Earn 6 Contact Hours credit (approved by the California Board of Registered Nurses, CAPPA, DONA and ICEA)
Components of CHT online program:
- Video course instructions and course outline
- Required Reading:
- Three professional articles
- Three HUG Your Baby blogs
- HUG Resources for Parents update (for individuals and classrooms)
- HUG Parent Visits (course allows you to submit documentation online)
- Participants will complete 4 parent visit or 2 parent visits and one parent class
- (Optional) HUG Parent Class (course allows you to submit documentation online)
- HUG Reflections of your experience using HUG Your Baby (course allows you to submit documentation online)
- Post-test and Course Evaluation (You must make 70% on Post-test to become a CHT)
Pre-requisites for becoming a Certified HUG Teacher:
- Be a certified, licensed or credentialed provider of
- healthcare (such as nurse, midwife, student nurse or student midwife, OT, PT, doctor, doula, childbirth educator, lactation consultant, lactation peer counselor, or community health worker)
- education ( such as nanny, parent educator, infant massage educator, childcare or early childhood professional such as teacher or assistant teacher)
- counseling (such as counselor, psychologist or social worker)
- PURCHASE and COMPLETE the following 3 HUG Your Baby courses:
- Acquire HUG video (in DVD or Streaming format) and HUG Handouts (If you do not have these resources, order HUG Handout Starter Kit for both.)
- PURCHASE and COMPLETE this CHT online course
- CLICK HERE to create a “New Account”. Then choose the course(s) you want from the catalog. Complete the 3 pre-requisite course BEFORE the CHT course.
HUG Your Baby’s Online trainings offer today’s learners a number of benefits:
- One year to complete courses;
- Convenient “Come and Go” format to fit into a professional’s busy schedule;
- Elimination of costly travel and convention fees;
- Computer, tablet, and mobile phone functionality.
Click Jan Tedder resume to review bio and CV of creator of HUG Your Baby courses.
Approved for 6 Contact Hours credit (from NC Nurses Association, ICEA, DONA, and CAPPA) until 3/1/2020.