CLICK here to see what baby is learning.
The first month is often spent eating, sleeping and filling a diaper. Now, at one month, the baby is more prepared to engage with the world. Babies develop from the top of their head to the bottom of their feet; from the middle of the body toward the outside of the body.
- Brings hands toward mouth.
- Keeps hands fisted.
- Moves with some jerky movements.
- Moves head from side to side when on back.
- Though eyes still wander and sometimes cross, baby focuses 8-12 inches from face and loves to look at a human face.
- Sees bold, high-contrast patterns such as black-and-white.
- Hearing is fully developed, and baby responds best to a high-pitch voice, repeating sounds, and raised eyebrows.
- Baby can distinguish her mother’s breast pad from that of another woman.
© HUG Your Baby 2018