Jan Tedder, BSN, FNP, IBCLC
Child Development Specialist
Family Nurse Practitioner
Creator of HUG Your Baby
Jan Tedder, BSN, FNP, IBCLC, worked for decades in primary care with children and their parents. She studied the work of Dr. T. Berry Brazelton and became certified in both his Touchpoints program and his Newborn Behavioral Assessment Scale (NBAS). She taught nursing students and family physician residents at UNC-Chapel Hill and Duke University and developed lactation and parenting programs for a number of practices. A published author and well-received speaker, Jan has shared her HUG Your Baby program both in the USA and around the world including a year-long completed International Teaching Tour in 2013-2014.
Recent awards include:
- American Nurses Assn 2020 Innovation Award
- Healthy Start’s Evidence-Based and Promising Programs
- NC Nurses Association Certificate of Commendation for HUG Your Baby project
- NC March of Dimes Maternal Child Health Nurse of the Year
- More listed in resume below.
Current Clinical Practice:
Jan works as a private lactation consultant and parent coach, seeing patients at family’s homes, in her office and via Zoom, Skype or Facetime.