Jan knows that mothers and fathers want to be good parents! But, sometimes being a parent can be an overwhelming experience. Jan provides private consultations with families facing some of the following challenges:
- Painful latch
- Problems with baby’s weight gain
- Transitioning from bottle back to breastfeeding
- Low milk supply
- Frequent feeding
- Fussy baby
- Pumping issues
- Return to work plans
- Beginning solids
- … and more
- Difficulty understanding the newborn
- Attachment concerns
- Fretful sleep or poor eating habits in the new baby
- Difficulty with older baby’s napping, sleep and temperament
- Toddler struggles: tantrums, bedtime, sibling rivalry
- Pre-schooler: Sleep problems, discipline concerns, bringing a new baby in home, etc.
Jan has worked professionally with babies, young children and their families for decades in North Carolina. At Wake Health Services (Wake County) and SAS Institute Health Care CenterShe has taught nurses, lactation consultants, physicians, doulas, childbirth educators and infant massage specialists. A published author, she has developed parent education resources and workshops that are used worldwide and has been a well-received speaker at local, regional, national and international conferences. Click HERE to learn more about Jan’s experience.
Home, Office and ONLINE Consultations
- Skype or Facetime visit (Skype name – hugyourbaby):
- Initial – $50
- Follow-up – $25
- Home visit:
- Initial – $125
- Follow-up – $75
- There is an additional $25 fee for home visits outside of Durham or Chapel Hill.
- Office visit (2314 W. Club Blvd. Durham, NC):
- Initial – $110
- Follow-up $55
To schedule an appointment, email Jan at email@example.com or call her at 919-923-6609 (9:00 AM – 9:00 PM, USA Eastern Time).
Unfortunately, the great variation in insurance policies, co-payments and deductibles makes it impossible for Jan to submit clients’ insurance forms. However, Jan will complete appropriate form which families can submit to their insurance provider.
Consultation and Fees
The parent-child visit fee is $110 for a 1.5 hour session at my home office. ($125 for a visit to your home.) This fee covers Jan ‘s review of your history form, the 1.5 hour visit and a followup phone consultation. Some parent concerns may require additional visits. Skype/Facetime visits are $50.
Before the consultation parents are sent a history form to capture important family, prenatal and birth history, as well as current parenting concerns. Jan will carefully review this material before the parent-child visit. Both parents or significant others are encouraged to attend the visit. Jan welcomes the family to invite their doula, nurse, lactation consultant, or midwife to attend the consultation, if they desire.
© HUG Your Baby 2019