Teaching Child Development to Extend Breastfeeding Duration (Prenatal – 12 Months)
Misunderstanding or misinterpreting a baby’s normal behavior cause many women to add formula, prematurely begin solids or abandon breastfeeding. This online course
- Helps professionals understand WHY and WHEN babies have predictable changes in their eating, sleeping or general behavior which often confuse mothers
- Provides strategies and resources to help parents anticipate and problem-solve around these changes.
- Utilizes convenient “Come and Go” format for busy professionals
- Offers multicultural videos, memorable graphics and instructive case studies
- Enables you to help mothers to meet their breastfeeding goals!
Behaviors commonly misunderstood or misinterpreted as a breastfeeding problem include:
- Avoiding mother’s gaze as a newborn
- Increased crying at 2 weeks
- “Restless” sleep at one month
- Distractibility while breastfeeding at 4 months
- Fretful teething at 6 months
- Frequent awakenings at 9 months when stranger anxiety sets in
- And, waking up multiple times at night when the 12-month-old begins to walk
Approved for 2 CERP credits.by IBCLE.
2 Contact Hours credit by: CAPPA, ICEA and DONA. This continuing was also approved California Registered Board of Nursing
CLICK HERE to create “New Account” and purchase course.
HUG Your Baby’s Online trainings offer today’s learners a number of benefits:
- Six months to complete courses;
- “Come and Go” format to fit into a professional’s busy schedule;
- Chance to view video clips of parents and babies “in action!”;
- Opportunity to review coursework as needed;
- Costly travel and convention fees eliminated;
- Economical continuing education (Contact Hour and CERP) credit;
- Computer, tablet, and mobile phone functionality.