“Why is my baby crying more?”
Healthy, full-term babies start crying more at this age for reasons not well understood.
- Excessive crying can be associated with postpartum depression, adding formula, or giving up breastfeeding
- Having skills to calm a baby decreases crying AND increases parent confidence.
Click here to read FAMILY STORY
Click here to watch VIDEO: HELP YOUR CRYING BABY
Click here to watch VIDEO: LULLABY TO HELP CRYING BABY
Babies have amazing abilities to participate in the calming process. Practice this step-by-step calming process and discover what works best for your baby.
- Use your sing-song voice.
- Bring baby’s hands to chest.
- Gently sway baby.
- Swaddle baby for a few minutes.
- Help baby suck finger or breast.
Click here to watch VIDEO: BABY’S DEVELOPMENT
Proof that breastfeeding is well established:
- Baby regains birth weight by 2 weeks.
- Baby continues to gain 1/2-1 oz per day.
Baby’s two-week growth spurt causes more frequent feeding, which increases your milk supply.
Click here for MORE BREASTFEEDING TIPS