Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019
Date: Jan. 26, 2019 (Saturday) Durham, NC
Time: 9 AM – 5 PM
Location: Durham Friends Meeting; 404 Alexander Ave., Durham, NC 27705
Cost: $20 (Enjoy this $50 New Year DISCOUNT!)
- 7 Contact Hours Credit (North Carolina Nurses Association, ICEA, DONA, CAPPA)
- 7 CERP-L credits
Today’s parents face small concerns and (sometimes even) big challenges! This evidence-based workshop gives birth, lactation and early parenting professionals skills to help parents prevent and solve common, but important, early parenting problems, increase their confidence as new parents and promote breastfeeding duration. Workshop includes skills to:
- Prevent and solve problems with baby’s sleeping & crying
- Promote breastfeeding duration
- Facilitate parent-child interaction
- Utilize dynamic HUG Strategies
“Live” Parent Visit inspires and instructs.
- Describe Newborn Zones and SOSs (Signs of Over-Stimulation) and their impact on baby’s sleep, crying, eating and attachment.
- Describe three HUG Strategies.
- Describe developmental events impacting breastfeeding (birth to one year)
- Describe evidence-based parent education resources.
Faculty: Jan Tedder, BSN, FNP, IBCLC (Resume)
Jan has served families as a nurse practitioner and lactation consultant for decades. Her well received program has been presented in 14 countries and around the USA. Jan was recognized as the NC Maternal Child Health Nurse of the Year and given the Innovative Nursing Practice and the Community Nursing Award. Click HERE to see Conflict of Interest and Disclosure.
© HUG Your Baby 2019