During this time of “social distancing,” award-winning teacher, Jan Tedder BSN, FNP, IBCLC, is offering the following pre-natal classes on ZOOM. Join us!
Most women now know that breastfeeding is best for the baby, the mother and the family. Nevertheless, research confirms that many women face unexpected challenges, do not find reliable information, cannot access needed help, and ultimately do not meet their breastfeeding goals. Fortunately, other studies show that evidence-based, prenatal education gives mothers and their partners the specific information, skills and confidence they need in order to be successful breastfeeding families.
- benefits of breastfeeding
- building a robust milk supply
- establishing a good latch and breastfeeding positions
- identifying early feeding cues and evidence that baby is getting enough to eat
- preventing and solving common problems
Here’s what a couple says about this breastfeeding class:
Newborn Care 101 Class
Today’s young families know that taking care of a new baby is a big job! They also have heard that understanding and responding appropriately to a baby’s behavior can have a long-term impact on a baby’s physical, emotional and intellectual development. Babies can’t speak, but they are great communicators – as long as parents can read a baby’s body language!
This class reviews:
- how babies communicate their readiness to interact AND signs of over-stimulation
- normal crying patterns and techniques to calm a baby
- changing sleep cycles and how to help you and your baby get a good night’s sleep
- tips for successful breastfeeding
- effective parent-child interaction
- care of the baby: baths, diapers, skin care and care of a sick baby
Those attending either ZOOM class receive, at no cost, the HUG Your Baby E-Newsletter series (value $19). These E-Newsletters describe a baby’s development and changes in the breastfeeding experience (from birth to 12 months).
Fee: $25 per class – Partners join ZOOM class for free!
Instructor: Jan Tedder, BSN, FNP, IBCLC
Jan Tedder has worked with pregnant and young families for decades as a family nurse practitioner and lactation consultant. She developed the award-winning HUG Your Baby program, an international organization that provides educational resources to parents and the professionals who serve them. HUG Your Baby materials have been shared in 46 countries around the world. Jan is a published author who has received numerous awards for her innovative work. Click here for her resumé.